International Taxpayer

Taxpayer Identification Numbers

A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws. It...

Tax Treaties

February 16, 2013

Tax treaties may allow residents of foreign countries to be taxed at a reduced rate, or to be exempt from U.S. income taxes on certain items of inco...

US Citizens and Residents Abroad

February 16, 2013

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the sa...

Taxation of Nonresident Aliens

February 16, 2013

An alien is any individual who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national. A nonresident alien is an alien who has not passed the green card test or the...

Contact My International Office

February 16, 2013

If you are a taxpayer who lives outside the United States, the IRS has full-time permanent staff in 4 U.S. embassies and consulates. These offices h...

Federal Unemployment Tax

February 16, 2013

The Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA), with state unemployment systems, provides for payments of unemployment compensation to workers who have los...

Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

February 16, 2013

If you meet certain requirements, you may qualify for the foreign earned income and foreign housing exclusions and the foreign housing deduction.  I...

Foreign Students and Scholars

February 16, 2013

Aliens temporarily present in the United States as students, trainees, scholars, teachers, researchers, exchange visitors, and cultural exchange vis...

Personal Exemptions - Form W-4

February 16, 2013

The amount of wages subject to graduated withholding may be reduced by the personal exemption amount. The personal exemptions allowed in figuring wa...

Social Security Tax, Medicare and Self-Employment

February 16, 2013

If you work as an employee in the United States, you must pay social security and Medicare taxes in most cases. Your payments of these taxes contrib...

Foreign Currency

February 16, 2013

You must express the amounts you report on your U.S. tax return in U.S. dollars. If you receive all or part of your income or pay some or all of you...

Taxation of Resident Aliens

February 16, 2013

A resident alien's income is generally subject to tax in the same manner as a U.S. citizen. If you are a resident alien, you must report all interes...

Please reload


  • c-facebook
  • c-tbird
  • c-linkedin