Legal and Advisory Services
Legal and Advisory
Our legal and advisory practice strives to provide simple answers to the most complex problems. We advise clients on issues of estate planning and administration, business and corporate law, real estate law,civil and commercial litigation and bankruptcy.
We offer contract and dispute settlement negotiation services. We draft and negotiate contracts, either as a part of a series of contracts, or as a one-off single engagement. We assist in settling disputes both formally and informally, often finding solutions that neither party had previously considered.
It can be quite overwhelming starting a business due to the many complex decisions that an owner must make, beginning with the type of entity. We counsel business owners on establishing their business, managing their operations, and insuring the transfer of their business to future generations of family or key employees.
Business owners and managers may have a tough time navigating through today's ever-changing legal landscape. As businesses expand and grow, owners' responsibilities and obligations change and grow as well. We offer support and training for our business clients as they face new challenges and opportunities to help them succeed.
The firm provides advice and assistance in the following areas:
- Organizational structure including corporate formation, LLCs, LLPs, and partnerships
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Defining the rights of parties to agreements
- General business consulting and counseling
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Sales of shares, assets, or divisions
- Negotiation on behalf of secured and unsecured lenders
- Executive Compensation Plan development and documentation
- Licensing, technology transfer, franchise, dealership, and distributorship agreements
- Business and commercial litigation
- Negotiating commercial leases